VP/Director of Marketing
Full time with remote working flexibility
This is a VP/Director level position and a critical role at Edge Focus (“EF”) with the mission of expanding fundraising efforts and taking on investor relations responsibilities. In line with the Firm’s continued growth and successful track record, the 20+ person team is currently looking to add a professional to support marketing efforts, and to own and drive the RIA, High Net Worth and Family Office channels.
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of fundraising in these market channels, and will bring immediate connectivity and a large rolodex. The candidate ideally will be well versed in credit, and will have experience articulating and positioning non-vanilla investment strategies.
The candidate will work closely with the CMO, COO, and CEO on a daily basis. The role provides an opportunity for career growth and will quickly assume increasing levels of responsibility.
- Raise capital from RIAs and other wealth channels
- Own the entire fundraising lifecycle from research, prospecting and pitching, to due diligence, follow-ups and onboarding
- Articulate fund strategies, update marketing materials and due diligence data room
- Maintain meeting notes and records, update CRM, and follow-ups
- Liaise internally to collate data and other information pertinent to all external conversations
- Strong preference for pre-existing rolodex of HNW, Family Office, and RIA / Wealth contacts
- Strategic management of the Firm’s investor and prospective investor relationships
- Staying current on the Firm’s funds & portfolios and the Firm’s market views
- Understanding funds’ positions and analyzing performance across the Firm’s portfolios
- Update monthly investor reports and respond to investor inquiries and requests
- Significant fundraising experience with credit strategies in HNW, Family Office, and RIA /Wealth channels
- Familiarity with a range of alternative investment strategies, and ideally alternative consumer lending asset classes
- Strong written and oral communication skills coupled with robust analytical skills
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
- Organized and process oriented, with good attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and takes ownership & accountability
- 3-7+yrs of experience in a similar role
This will be a remote role, but with a preference for NYC based candidates due to the occasional need for in-office meetings. EF also has presences in Chicago and the Bay Area.
Salary Range: $150k – 400k/yr
About Edge Focus
Launched in 2017, Edge Focus is a technology-driven investment management company with a proprietary Credit Engine powered by machine & AI learning to value and fund loans. The company’s leadership team has extensive experience and successful track records in quantitative strategies, high frequency trading, fundamental investments, and technology. The firm’s Credit Engine is capable of analyzing, pricing, and forecasting credit default risk with high degrees of accuracy. This has far-reaching applications across investment management, consumer and SME lending industries, and other emerging areas of fintech credit. As a minority-owned and operated firm, Edge Focus is committed to socially responsible lending practices and believes in equitable access to capital without bias and at fair rates.